Friday, April 1, 2011

Down the Rabbit Hole

Today, I'm a guest over at my new writer buddy Anita Howard's blog. Like me, Anita was a user of QueryTracker (the agent submission tracking database), which is how I got to know her. She is as friendly a person as you'll meet in the vast Internet. Click here to check out the interview.

Anita writes young adult fiction and is represented by Jenny Bent, one of the most well-respected literary agents out there. Anita has just started a series on her blog in which she will feature a different writer each week..

But before you head over there to read the interview (in which we discuss writing, time travel and Long Island iced tea), please read this brief description of Anita's book, which sounds fantastic, and which I'm sure will be on bookshelves soon. I shamelessly stole this description about the book from Anita's interview at QueryTracker, which you should also read.

___________________
SPLINTERED is a YA fantasy about Alyssa Gardner, the great-great-great granddaughter of Alice Liddell (real life inspiration for the heroine of the famed Lewis Carroll novel). Following a hunch that there might be some truth to the Alice in Wonderland tale, Alyssa heads for London to research her family history, accompanied by her best friend and secret crush Jebediah Holt. While there, Alyssa and Jeb stumble into the rabbit hole where they meet creepy and violent counterparts of the original fairytale crew. They soon realize this is not the fairyland of Lewis Carroll's vision, and unless Alyssa fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.
___________________

Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, David! What a nice write up. It's enough to make a gal verklempt! ;-) And I LOVE the post's title, of course. You clever fellow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, David. I loved your interview. And Anita's book sounds wicked cool.

    Yea, I know...I can't believe I used that phrase either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, it was my pleasure to be on your blog. (And half the fun of writing the blog is coming up with the title).

    @Paul -- We'll let your "wicked" go this time. THIS TIME.

    ReplyDelete