Monday, July 4, 2011

First Book Review of The Jackpot!

OK, I wasn't PERFECT, but I did a pretty good job staying off the Inter-Tubes all weekend.

And I had a good reason for slipping up -- I found out that my first "official" book review was going to be posted Saturday, so I did hop online to read it that afternoon.

Brief background: I've submitted The Jackpot to a number of book bloggers, the Internet-based book reviewers who've become hugely important in driving the sales of both traditionally published and self-published books. Amanda Hocking, the self-publishing superstar, wrote on her blog that she owes much of her early success to the positive reviews she got from these book bloggers. And these days, with thousands of novelists trying to get their books noticed, it's hard to find a book blogger who isn't backed up for weeks, if not months -- if they're still open to submissions at all.

So I was very pleased to read Lynnette Phillips' (from Lynnette's Book World) excellent review of The Jackpot, which you can read here. I've been pooping bricks waiting on these reviews, so getting such a good one from such a big book review site is very exciting indeed.

My favorite part of the review: "The fast-pace and rich details of this thriller combined with the entertaining and crisp dialogue of Jackpot make this novel and David Kazzie a new favorite."


Have a great week.

9 comments:

  1. Good for you! Congrats! I gotta get me one of those eReaders....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats, David! I still haven't bought my kindle, but soon. BTW, pooping bricks could be quite lucrative. You might look into teaming up with Lowes. Just a thought. :) I'm proud of you! Keep the good news coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! and yes, you really need to get on the e-reader bandwagon. move it. let's go. get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the excellent review! Hopefully it is just the first of many to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the first of hopefully many fantastic reviews, David!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished The Jackpot - I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to your next book, which I hope you are working on instead of doing lawyerly things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie -- thanks for the good wishes!

    Natasha -- So glad you enjoyed it. Ah yes, those lawyerly things do get in the way sometimes. But I'm hard at work on a new project at night and on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed the book during this summer before final semester of law school.

    By the way, I appreciate the eformat as I read the whole book on my smartphone while traveling.

    ReplyDelete