Friday, August 31, 2012

Insanity - Two Weeks In

So I've hit the first milestone of Insanity, which is Fitness Test #2. As I mentioned in my last post, the Fitness Test is a series of seven exercises that you do over the course of 30 minutes, and recording the number of repetitions you can do for each exercise. We do this four times over the course of the 60-day program, so we can see our overall progress.

I've definitely made huge improvements in all the exercises. In virtually all of them, I was able to do 25-30 percent more repetitions.

Interestingly, I have not dropped any weight yet, but I do feel a lot leaner (and I think I look leaner when I look in the mirror.). I've stuck to the workout schedule pretty closely, so I guess it's the whole lean-muscle-weighs-more-than-cheese-fry-and-Oreos thing.. Or maybe I'm still taking in too many calories (although I think I've been pretty good about that). 

It's still a tough program, and I will be glad not do it six times a week when it's over. However, until then, I will try to stick to the program as closely as possible.

For those curious, I think it's harder, overall, than P90X, although I think P90X does put more emphasis on upper body work. Also, Tony Horton is a better instructor than Shawn T (yes, he calls himself Shawn T, so I don't know what his last name is). 

No comments:

Post a Comment