Sunday, August 19, 2012

Insanity Workout

So I've started the 60-day Insanity workout program. I'm 4 days in. 

I did the P90X program two years ago (which really did wonders for me), and since then I'd focused on running 3 or 4 days a week. But running, as great as it is, doesn't do much for your upper body or the core. And I don't log enough miles to really do much but maintain my current level of fitness. 

So, I'm taking this program on in the hopes it will get me back to the same level of fitness I had after finishing P90X. I'm confident that better all-around fitness will help me in all aspects of my life, from baby-daddyhood, to marriage, to work, and, of course, to writing.

It's a pretty grueling program, but I'm happy with it so far. I've done the fitness test (which you do 4 times during the 60 days so you can measure your progress), and three of the primary workouts. There's  a lot of cardio and core in there, mixed in with a little upper-body work. I don't know much, but I know I'm dripping with sweat within 10 minutes of each workout. By the end of the workout, my legs are shaking with fatigue. 

Ideally, I'll lose 10 pounds on this program, but I'd be happy with 7. I lost 18 on P90X, but I had a lot more to lose then. I've kept most of that weight off, but I have given back about two pounds. 

Anyone else out there tried Insanity?  

No comments:

Post a Comment