Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rusty Hinges

Screech!

*Me pushing rusted door of blog open*

Yeah it's been a while since I posted.

I feel bad, because this blog was what started everything for me. So, I'm going to try and get it going again.

Since I declared my last manuscript dead about eight months ago, I went back to an unfinished manuscript I had started in July 2011. I freaking love this new book. It's really long. And I'm really close to finishing it. It's, um... long. But I think it's as long as it needs to be. It's a big story. It's probably as long as two regular-sized novels.

I'm really excited about it.

Also, what do you want to see out of this blog? Do you like to hear about the process a writer goes through? Do you like the comedy pieces? Do you just want me to shut up and keep writing my novels? Do you want me to stop writing entirely? (check out my 1-star Amazon reviews!)

Thanks for still being here. And feel free to chime in.

David

3 comments:

  1. Writing process is always welcome. If only to provide a how to (and how not to) for those of us stuck in the legal profession, looking for a creative way out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skreeeeek. I just came back as well. Nice to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! Comments! I really wasn't sure if anyone had been here in months. Christopher, I will try and keep a record of how things go in the coming months. Revisions on the book will eat up much of my time, but I will document how I do things this time around.

    If there's one thing I know about this book, it's that it's definitely got a story, a narrative quest -- something my now-dead manuscript sorely lacked.

    Jenny -- nice to see you as well!

    ReplyDelete